Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Flying Through

So I made it through the weekend with flying colors. To be honest, I can remember that last year absolutely dragged but this year has completely flown by.

This weekend, I went to a very large street craft fair with some friends. I must admit, I was rather tempted by the french fries they always have at these sorts of events, and they are seriously some of the best french fries I've ever had - salty, hot, greasy, and tasty! But I resisted and made it through the day with flying colors.

My only problem this year is that I haven't lost quite as much weight as I intended to throughout the detox process. Last year, the weight practically fell away and it made it very easy to maintain the whole regimen. But this year, it's sluggishly falling off. Not sure what the difference is. I'm hoping it's not because i've entered in the "30" age bracket. I've heard rumors that once you hit that magical age your metabolism puts on some serious brakes.

Either way, I'm almost done. I am finished on Sunday, so I only have 5 more days left. Judging by how quickly the first days went, I'm sure it will be over before I know it.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker