Friday, August 8, 2008

Days 3 & 4

I'm almost amazed at how quickly this has passed this year. Last year, I can remember the week absolutely dragging by, and I felt like I may never eat real solid food again. But for some reason, this week has just gone by so quickly. I can't believe I'm almost at the end of my first week. And to be honest, it's much easier than I thought.

I did have a few moments where I almost wept, staring at a bag of Chex Mix, and then again after gazing longingly at a container of smoked almonds, but I survived.

I have been experimenting with my fresh juices and have been trying to throw different combinations of vegetables in my juicer. My favorite so far has been the carrot-apple-beet-cucumber, which was rather tasty. My coworkers have dutifully tried every single juice I've put in my body (and to be honest, are more obsessed making sure I stick to the rules about the entire thing than I am) but they declared this one to be the best, by far.

So now, on to the weekend, where I hope I win the battle against the evil world of Salty Snacks once again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

28, could you please post on the details of this detox - how many juices a day, soup recipe etc etc. ?
is it ok to blend instead of juicing it?

I did read your previous posts, but I am unable to grasp the detailed plan.

Thank you

 
eXTReMe Tracker